Rutland, VT – Crews put out a fire at the Holiday Inn in Rutland Monday night that was caused by a propane leak.

Guests staying at the hotel smelled propane and called emergency crews around 11 p.m. Officials say the propane caught fire in the boiler room soon after firefighters arrived.

The propane was shut down to the building and crews were able to put the fire out quickly thanks to the help of multiple departments.

The boiler room and a nearby laundry room were damaged. No injuries were reported.

A wing of the hotel remains closed. The gas company, representatives from the state Division of Fire Safety and a cleaning crew were at the hotel on Tuesday morning.