Miami Beach, FL – Over a half dozen people were treated after a carbon monoxide leak broke out Thursday morning at a hotel in Miami Beach.

Chopper 6 was over the scene at the Shore Club, located at 1901 Collins Avenue, where Fire Rescue crews say a call came in of the leak taking place in the kitchen area.

Several workers suffered as a result of the leak with nine people being taken to Mercy Hospital.

Officials did not release any additional information about how the leak took place, but the Shore Club released a statement that blamed it on an equipment malfunction near the pool area.

“As a precautionary measure, out of an abundance of caution a small number of employees were taken to the hospital for observation,” the statement read. “The areas affected are now fully open and functioning.”