San Antonio, TX — A man is in the hospital with extensive burns after a natural gas explosion destroyed a home on the southeast side, the San Antonio Fire Department said.
The explosion happened around 9:30 p.m. Sunday at a home on East Highland Avenue.
Residents said the explosion rattled the neighborhood and the blast could be heard blocks away.
A neighbor who lives across the street said he ran over and pulled a man out of the house. He said the victim was “burned from head to toe.”
That person was taken to a local hospital and authorities have not reported their condition.
The SAFD incident commander said, “The home is a total loss.”
A neighbor’s home was also damaged, but everyone inside that house made it out okay, authorities said.