Myrtle Beach, SC – Fire crews responded to a hazardous materials call in Myrtle Beach Monday night, according to a tweet from the department.

Firefighters could be seen at Hampton Inn at 1140 Celebrity Circle.

Fire officials said it was believed to be a carbon monoxide leak. Crews were trying to find the source of the leak, but hadn’t pinpointed it.

“We had readings on every floor, so that was one of our concerns, was that it was not isolated to just one area, that it had floated throughout the entire hotel,” Myrtle Beach Fire Chief Tom Gwyer said.

They said they thought it may be coming from the laundry room, so they shut off the gas to the hotel, according to the chief.

No injuries had been reported, according to fire officials, and all guests had been evacuated.

According to hotel staff, people were allowed back into the building around 1:00 a.m.

The chief said firefighters were going through the building testing carbon monoxide levels. He said readings were showing some low levels of the toxic gas, but they were dissipating as of 10:30 p.m.

He said shutting off the gas likely helped the levels go down.

He said maintenance crews would have to find and fix the leak.