Cordova, TN – More than 1,000 students and staff were evacuated from Kate Bond Middle School Thursday because of a carbon monoxide leak.

The Memphis Fire Department responded to the school in Cordova just after 1 p.m.

MFD says 1,050 students and staff were evacuated. Four students went to the hospital after testing positive for low levels of carbon monoxide.

Eighteen students are still being evaluated at the scene.

The leak happened in a seventh-grade classroom on the second floor of the school. There were approximately 30 students in the classroom at the time.