Marion, IA – Residents and staff at Village Ridge Assisted Living Facility had to be evacuated after a carbon monoxide leak on Monday morning.

At approximately 7:57 a.m., Village Ridge staff alerted the Marion Fire Department after a carbon monoxide alarm went off at the building, located at 365 Marion Blvd.

According to a release, approximately 80 residents and staff were evacuated from the building for about an hour.

When firefighters arrived on scene, they found carbon monoxide in every room of the building on all 3 floors.

The malfunctioning equipment was shut down for repair and the building was fully ventilated.

There were no injuries and once the carbon monoxide levels were at zero residents returned to their rooms.