Peabody, MA  — A Massachusetts man and his two sons were taken to a hospital after they were exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide inside their home, according to fire officials.

The Peabody Fire Department responded to the Endicott Street home Sunday afternoon.

The man and two boys were conscious and alert when they were transported to Salem Hospital. There has been no update on their conditions.

Firefighters did not find any carbon monoxide detectors inside the home, according to Nelson.

“Any type of home heated by fossil fuels, gas or oil should have carbon monoxide detectors,” he said.

Nelson says at least one carbon monoxide detector should be present on each floor of a household.

The home’s heating system was shut down, and firefighters ventilated the house, Nelson said.