Portsmouth, OH – No one was injured in a natural gas explosion at an apartment complex Thursday afternoon.

As of 8:30 Thursday evening, crews from Columbia Gas were still on the scene along Coles Boulevard isolating leaks and doing repairs, Portsmouth Police Chief Robert Ware said.

The person who lived in the apartment where the explosion originated was not home at the time. The fire then spread to two other apartments. A person in one of the units made it out safely.

Those displaced by the explosion are being taken care of by Columbia Gas and the landlord of the apartment.

There are a few units that are still without gas.

Chief Ware said that this incident serves as a good reminder that natural gas has an odor, and if you smell it you should report it.