Ann Arbor, MI – A Victory Inn and Suites hotel on Ann Arbor’s southeast side has been called unsafe after firefighters found the body of a maintenance worker on Monday.

Fire department personnel responded to a call at 12:38 p.m. on Nov. 28 and found the worker in a boiler room with carbon monoxide (CO) levels exceeding 500 parts per million, authorities said.

“Normal” carbon monoxide levels for outdoor air are between 0-9 parts per million, officials say. Indoors, that number may be between 0-30, depending on how properly gas appliances are adjusted.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless poisonous gas. Exposure to high levels of carbon monoxide can lead to poisoning, headache, dizziness, confusion, fatigue, vomiting, shortness of breath, unconsciousness and death.