Galt, CA – A loud explosion was heard across several Galt neighborhoods Monday night, July 1, later to be located from a home on the 200 block of Lois Avenue on the west side of Galt.
Emergency personnel from both Galt Police and Cosumnes Fire Department (CSD) were dispatched at 10:01 p.m. for a report of the explosion and a possible fire.
Upon arrival, it was discovered that smoke was coming from the attic and the south wall of the residence was significantly displaced as the result of some sort of explosion, according to Police Lieutenant Brian Kalinoswki.
Fire personnel quickly extinguished a small fire in the back of the house and transported two people from the residence to an area hospital, according to Battalion Chief Kevin Mclean.
Officials said injuries included 2nd and 3rd degree burns.
CSD arson investigators arrived on scene and, upon initial reports, determined the explosion involved some sort of vapor but appeared to be accidental and not criminal.
Officials on scene also determined the vapor was not natural gas related after the line was pressure checked and no leaks were discovered. The investigation is ongoing.