South Bend, IN – High carbon monoxide levels led to dozens evacuating the Colfax Place building in downtown South Bend.

Crews were initially called to the 200 block of West Colfax and Lafayette for a gas leak just before 9 a.m. Tuesday.

One floor of the building was evacuated, which included some members working for the American Red Cross.

Crews say people were complaining about being sick last week.

We’re told a heating and cooling issue led to those high carbon monoxide levels.

Maintenance crews are repairing the issue, and we were told that everyone got out safely.