La Grange, NC – Investigators have determined an explosion that destroyed a home and injured one person was caused by a liquid propane gas leak.

The explosion happened around 11:30 a.m. at a home on North Forbes Street in La Grange, according to the Lenoir County Sheriff’s Office.

Robert Carraway Jr. was at home at the time of the explosion and was taken to UNC Lenoir Hospital and later transferred to UNC Chapel Hill Jaycee Burn Center for treatment, officials said.

The explosion sparked in the kitchen, but investigators are still unsure what caused the gas to ignite, Mayor Ryan Dawson with the Sheriff’s Office said.

Officials do not suspect any foul play in this case.