Coventry Township, OH — Authorities are now investigating the deaths of two people found Saturday as carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office is investigating the deaths of Dallas Milner, 25, of Coventry Township, and Maliesse Hamilton, 32, of Sheffield Lake, who were found deceased in a bedroom by family members. A dog also was found dead.

Chief Investigator Gary Guenther said tests are still being conducted, but the two had high levels of carbon monoxide in their bodies that would be considered in the lethal range. The official cause of death is pending as more tests are done.

Guenther said a gas-operated generator was also found in the basement. The Summit County Sheriff’s Office said the home was without power for several months.

The sheriff’s office said in a news release that it responded with Coventry Township firefighters to the home on Saturday.

The two were found by family members. The sheriff’s office said there were no signs of trauma, and the two were believed to have died about 5 to 7 days before being found.

The home had been without power for several months, the sheriff’s office said.

The incident remains under investigation.