Little Rock, AR – A family of four was transported to a local hospital Thursday reportedly due to carbon monoxide poisoning, Piney Fire Chief Scott Miser said.

The source of the carbon monoxide was under investigation, Miser said. The incident occurred at 104 Hamilton Place.

Miser described the four family members as being “definitely not in too good a shape.” One woman appeared to be in worse shape than the others, he said.

The call came in at 11:45 a.m. and Miser said the firefighters entered the house to extract the family. Miser said two family members were able to walk out of the house while a third had to be carried out. The fourth, he said, was completely unresponsive and had to be taken out on a stretcher.

Miser said the cause of the carbon monoxide is currently unknown. At first they thought a generator might have caused it, but it was determined to be an outside generator and ruled out as the source. Miser said the house was without power overnight, but the power was back on during the day.

Miser said the generator could be a possibility for the carbon monoxide, but that it doesn’t look like it is.

Miser said that the house is on lockdown until the family is able to leave the hospital. The department is investigating the source of the carbon monoxide, he said.