Southampton, NY – On Thursday, April 15, 2021, at approximately 5:00PM, Southampton Town Dispatch Center received a call for an unconscious male at a residence on Bay Avenue North, Hampton Bays. Responding officers found one person unconscious inside the residence and one semi-conscious person inside a vehicle outside. The residence was under construction and the two workers apparently had been working inside with a piece of equipment without proper ventilation. The two were apparently overcome by carbon monoxide.

Hampton Bays Fire Department responded and tested the air quality within the residence and found an extremely high reading on the carbon monoxide meter. Hampton Bays Volunteer ambulance responded and transported the two to Peconic Bay Medical Center for treatment. The two male victims were later transported to Mather Hospital for further treatment, where one victim remains in serious condition and the second is in stable condition.

Southampton Town Detective Division, Code Enforcement, and OSHA are continuing the investigation in to the incident.