Lubbock, TX – Lubbock Fire Rescue said one person was taken by EMS to University Medical Center after a home had dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide.UMC later provided an update and said the person died.

LFR measured 500 parts per million in a home in the 2300 block of 58th Street on Monday morning at about 10:45.

LFR has not released the name or other details yet.

According to the Consumer Product Safety Council, more than 70 parts per million can lead to headache, fatigue and nausea.Levels higher than 150 to 200 ppm can cause disorientation, unconsciousness, and death.

Carbon monoxide can come from any device that uses combustion which includes gas-powered furnaces or hot water heaters.The CPSC recommends having a CO alarm.They range in price depending on circumstances, but it’s not impossible to find one for $10.