Syracuse, NY – SYRACUSE, NY – A carbon monoxide leak forced guests to evacuate the Genesee Grande Hotel in Syracuse this morning, according to National Grid officials.

Five people were sent to the hospital about 8:30 a.m. for evaluation, according to Syracuse police.

The investigation into what caused the gas leak is continuing, according to Virginia Limmiatis, speaking for National Grid. Officials were able to determine it was carbon monoxide, and are following a detailed process to identify the source and make repairs, she said.

Genesee Grande officials were not available for comment.