Columbia, MO – No one was injured or sickened by carbon monoxide flowing into a strip of buildings along Broadway on Sunday.

Businesses from Kent’s Floral Gallery to Nash Vegas were all impacted and shut down by the odorless and potentially deadly gas.

Columbia firefighter Roger Mertensmeyer said the carbon monoxide was produced by a generator running in a stairwell. He said the business using the generator was doing construction.

The Columbia Fire Department ventilated the businesses throughout the afternoon. Mertensmeyer said each business was able to open up after the gas was cleared of that building.