Reading, PA – A high level of carbon monoxide inside a Reading rowhome sent six people to the hospital late Tuesday night.

First responders said they found one of the victims to be unconscious and another barely conscious inside the home in the 700 block of Pear Street shortly before 11 p.m.

Those victims and four others were rushed to Reading Hospital for treatment.

Firefighters said they also found an elevated level of gas inside two neighboring homes, but none of the neighbors complained of any symptoms.

All of the homes were ventilated and the source of the carbon monoxide, a faulty heating appliance, was powered off, officials said.

They did not say if any of the homes was equipped with a carbon monoxide detector.