Mason, OH – Six people were hospitalized after a carbon monoxide leak at a Warren County meat packing plant one day after a similar incident.

“We got called out today for a CO alarm. Some people got sick,” said Mason Fire Lt. Chris Heywood. “Nausea and vomiting, typical sickness you get when you have CO levels.”

It happened Thursday morning at Empire Packaging in the 4700 block of Alliance Drive in Mason.

The facility was evacuated and six people inside the building were taken to the hospital with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The victims are expected to survive.

Investigators said they are monitoring the carbon monoxide levels inside and the business has been closed for the day.

Firefighters were called to the same location Wednesday for a similar incident. One person was hospitalized and employees were later brought back in.

OSHA is investigating the incident.

Empire Packaging is part of Harris-Mason Processing.