Chicago, IL- Four people were being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning Monday after someone ran a power washer indoors on the South Side.
Authorities were called about 7:45 p.m. to a home in the 6600 block of South Albany Avenue in Marquette Park, a Chicago Fire Department spokesman said.
Firefighters detected high levels of carbon monoxide within the home, and took four people including two children to Holy Cross Hospital in good condition, the spokesman said. Someone within the home was operating a gas-powered power washer indoors.
Multiple other people at the home refused medical treatment, the spokesman said. The scene was ventilated and cleared an hour later.
The fire department initially said six people were taken to hospitals after a chemical reaction caused noxious fumes in the home.