Lincoln, NE – Lincoln Police say three people were sent to the hospital early this morning after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

LPD says that University Police and LFR were responding to a woman who was ‘incoherent’ and indicated she had come from a residence near N. 45th and Starr St.

LPD was dispatched to the residence close to 4 a.m. and found three adults, a 65-year-old male, a 31-year-old female, and a 49-year-old female, in various stages of consciousness due to a carbon monoxide leak. Officials say the leak likely came from a generator within the building – which appeared to be a detached garage with multiple people living in make-shift apartments on the second level.

The three were transported to a local hospital, their condition is not currently known.

The Building and Safety Department is expected to follow-up on the multiple housing code violations that were observed during the call.