Donnelly, ID — A majority of the 25 people taken to the hospital Monday morning following a carbon monoxide leak in Donnelly have been treated and released. Fifteen of those sickened were children.
First responders at 6:27 a.m. arrived at a vacation home where the leak occurred, said Donnelly Fire Chief Juan Bonilla.
According to the release, first responders took four people to the hospital. After confirming the four people were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, doctors urged the crews to return to the home and look for more patients, according to the release. An additional 21 people then came to the hospital from the home, by personal vehicle and ambulance.