Cedar Rapids, IA — Nearly two dozen workers were taken to local hospitals after elevated levels of carbon monoxide were found inside the offices and warehouse of NFI Interactive Logistics.
Cedar Rapids fire crews were called just after 2:30 p.m. to the scene at 3110 Prairie Valley Ct. SW, for reports of carbon monoxide alarms going off inside the large warehouse and its attached office space.
22 people were transported to local hospitals as a precaution for further assessment and treatment.
CRFD crews and MidAmerican Energy isolated the gas service to the warehouse and office, while crews work to ventilate the area with positive pressure fans to remove the carbon monoxide from the structure.
The incident is still under investigation.