Detroit, MI – Two people have died in a carbon monoxide incident that occurred in a home on Detroit’s east side Monday evening, police say.

Officers were called to a home on E. Palmer near Chene for a welfare check on a missing person. They found two people collapsed on the floor, apparently overcome by carbon monoxide.

A 47-year-old man was pronounced dead on the scene. A 45-year-old woman had a pulse and was taken to a local hospital, where she was declared dead.

Officers found two generators working inside the house.

Police continue to investigate.