Lincoln, NE – Several Lincoln Fire & Rescue medic units transported 15 people to area hospitals following a hazardous materials call in west Lincoln. It happened near Northwest 22nd and Q streets in Lincoln. The call came in around 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday.

This is the location of Mercy Western Manor. There were extremely high readings of carbon monoxide inside one of the buildings, according to LFR, but all injuries appear to be non-life threatening.

19 people were evacuated, and 15 were taken to the hospital.

LFR said readings measured around 100 parts per million, with the highest reading coming in at 220 parts per million.

A home carbon monoxide detector will alarm at roughly 25-30 parts per million.

The building in question was evacuated, and the owner relocated the occupants for the night.

A firewall is what prevented the carbon monoxide from spreading to the entire building, according to Battalion Chief Jim Bopp.

According to its website, Mercy Western Manor “features 82 units of housing for low-income families. The property includes one-bedroom and two-bedroom units located in four two and a half