Macungie Township, PA – Twelve people were taken to a hospital after becoming ill on Saturday night in a home with high levels of carbon monoxide in Lower Macungie Township, authorities report.

Macungie Ambulance was dispatched to the home in the 3600 block of Clauss Drive, then called in the township fire department at 10:27 p.m. to help treat sick people, fire Chief David Nosal said. The ambulance corps also called in other EMS units from around the area, Nosal said.

The 12 people were treated at Lehigh Valley Hospital in Salisbury Township for symptoms related to carbon monoxide inhalation, a health network spokesman said Monday morning. One person was admitted and they were stable as of Monday, Brian Downs said.

The fire department shut off the natural gas feed and ventilated the home, the chief said. Firefighters ventilated the attached home as a precaution, Nosal said. The attached home had minor carbon monoxide readings, he said.

UGI personnel locked out the gas meter until “evaluation/repair could be made to the heating unit” which was the “suspected source of (the) CO buildup,” Nosal said.