Athens County, OH – One woman was found dead and another woman hospitalized after they apparently were overcome by carbon monoxide inside a camping trailer, Athens County authorities said.

Sheriff’s deputies, along with the Chauncey-Dover Fire Department, were called to the trailer at 15990 Millfield Road, Dover Township, about 10:30 a.m. Thursday, and found both women inside the trailer.

In a news release, Sheriff Rodney Smith said emergency workers were able to get one woman out of the trailer before being overcome by a “noxious smell” inside the trailer. She was taken to O’Bleness Memorial Hospital in Athens.

EMS personnel then found the second woman dead inside the trailer. Her body was taken to the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office for an autopsy.

Neither of the women has been identified.

Smith said testing inside the trailer showed “extremely high” levels of carbon monoxide, possibly coming from two gas-powered generators being used to provide power to the trailer.

There were no signs of trauma or foul play, Smith said.