Montville, ME — The State Fire Marshal’s Office says one person is dead and two others are in critical condition after a gas leak led to a fire at a home in Montville on Wednesday.

Fire crews arrived at 50 Darci Road after reports of an explosion and fire at the home.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office says all of those injured in the fire were adults.

Investigators say the home is destroyed.

The cause of the fire appears to be accidental from a leaking gas stove.

Kristina Wrona was driving home from Belfast when she saw smoke.

“It got up quite a bit, then it just opened up and turned into smoke, and I watched it as it got darker and darker,” Wrona said.

Wrona says she’s a nurse and went to see if she could help.

“We couldn’t get in, and we were sitting there, and we heard another explosion,” Wrona said. “And then a couple little explosions, like gunshots, and it was like smoke and a lot of mayhem.”

The investigation is ongoing.