News

Selma family, pets poisoned by carbon monoxide

Selma, NC — A community is raising money to help a family of four that was poisoned by carbon monoxide after they used a generator to heat their home Friday night. According to firefighters, the family had no electricity at their home on Jordan Narron Road and used a...

2 dead after propane explosion in northern Minnesota

Itasca County, MN - Two people are dead after an explosion in rural Itasca County in northern Minnesota. The explosion happened just before 7:30 a.m. Thursday with the sheriff's office being alerted by a 911 caller who reported a structure fire near Turtle Lake. The...

Man found dead in Cameron County

Cameron County, TX — Authorities found a Cameron County man dead on Thursday morning. Officials received a call at around 6 a.m. and responded to the corner of Lovelace Ave. and Santa Rosa Ave., south of Santa Maria High School. At the scene, authorities found an...

Defective boiler cause of carbon monoxide in Old City Hall Thursday

Spokane, WA - Carbon monoxide was discovered in Old City Hall on Thursday morning emanating from a malfunctioning boiler, the Spokane Fire Department said. The building was evacuated quickly, and no one was hurt. Just before 6 a.m., morning workers called 911 when...

Couple being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning

Minot, ND - A couple was transferred to the Twin Cities and is undergoing treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning. It happened Sunday at their home in Minot.Emergency responders found the two adults unconscious and breathing. They were rushed to Trinity Hospital...

South Philly explosion caused by crack in gas main, officials say

Philadelphia, PA - Officials say a crack in a 92-year-old natural gas main led to the explosion that devastated a South Philadelphia block last month, killing two people, destroying five rowhouses, and forcing the evacuation of 60 residents.An investigation by the...

Carbon monoxide warnings issued in Keene, N.H.

Keene, NH - Fire officials in Keene, N.H., were investigating Wednesday after a “system error” at a utility's distribution plant raised concerns about elevated carbon monoxide levels in this city in the southwestern part of the state.The Keene Fire Department began...

Propane explosion sparks house fire in Ionia Co.

Boston Township, MI - No one injured after a propane explosion at a home in Ionia County early Wednesday morning.Authorities were called around 3:10 a.m. Wednesday to a home in the 8600 block of Elm Lane, just off of Bluewater Highway, in Boston Township.The...

Fire marshal, police investigate after explosion levels house in Bucks

Buckingham Township, PA - An explosion leveled a home in Buckingham Township, Bucks County.Buckingham Police and Midway Fire Company were called to the 4300 block of Biddeford Circle in the township's Doylestown section Tuesday morning."The local neighbors heard the...