Elmont, NY – Nassau County police saved an Elmont family from carbon monoxide poisoning early Thursday morning.

According to police, officers responded to a home on Meacham Avenue just after 7:15 a.m. When they arrived, they found a 60-year-old man unconscious inside the house, and quickly took him to a local hospital.

A short time later, just before 8:50 a.m., officers responded to the same home again. A 60-year-old woman, as well as 20- and 27-year-old men, were experiencing nausea and headaches. Realizing the home could be filling with carbon monoxide, the officers evacuated the home. The officers then used their carbon monoxide detectors and confirmed there was a carbon monoxide leak in the home.

The three people were taken to a hospital for treatment. The Elmont Fire Department arrived and vented the home.

All of the victims are in stable condition, police said.