Cedar Rapids, IA — The City Rapids Police and Fire Department responded to the 1700 block of 16th Street NW at 10:06 p.m.
When emergency crews arrived on scene, they found a 14-year-old female who was unconscious.
There were also two 9-year-old girls who were sick. An inspection found a generator caused carbon monoxide levels over 500 ppm in the residence.
The three patients were transported to the hospital by ambulance and others from the residence drove themselves to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning.