Roswell, GA – A young man’s death from possible carbon monoxide poisoning earlier this month in Roswell has officials sounding the alarm about the dangers of this odorless gas.

The Fire Department responded on Nov. 10 to a call of a medical emergency at a home on Lexington Drive. Officials were told that the emergency resulted in the death of a 25-year-old male possibly from carbon monoxide.

Roswell Fire Capt. Pabel Troce said rescue units arrived at the home, and used a carbon monoxide monitor and discovered moderate levels of the deadly gas inside the residence. According to WSB-TV, the male was found in an upstairs bedroom. The station also said someone left a vehicle running inside a garage and the fumes from the car overpowered the victim.

“We cannot confirm the cause of death as CO, but want to inform everyone about the dangers of carbon monoxide,” Troce said.

Troce said he hopes this unfortunate death serves as a reminder to the public to have appliances inspected and take appropriate precaution pertaining to carbon monoxide emitting machines like vehicles and generators.

SEE ALSO: Cause Of Roswell House Explosion Revealed

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, symptoms of CO poisoning include headache, dizziness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain and confusion. The CDC also reports that more than 400 people in the United States die each year from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning. More than 20,000 visits are made to the ER and over 4,000 people are hospitalized on an annual basis due to exposure to the gas.