Aurora, CO – Aurora firefighters responded twice to the Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center this week on reports of high levels of carbon monoxide.

At least two people were transported to local hospitals, according to Aurora Fire Rescue spokeswoman Scherri-Jo Stowell. The fire department saw patients on Tuesday but none when the agency was called back on Wednesday evening. The reports were on the convention center side, she said.

According to Stowell, the patients were described as “non-critical.”

Deanne French, marketing director for the resort and convention center, said in a statement that the high carbon monoxide levels were determined to be related to work taking place on the property.

“Together with the Aurora Fire Department, we have identified the source of the issue and have addressed it, and the fire department has cleared us to resume use of the affected area,” she said. “We continue to monitor this closely, as the safety and security of our guests and employees is always a top priority.”

French said the work was being conducted in the boiler room. She declined to provide further details on how long the problem has existed or what brought the issue to management’s attention.

Stowell said the fire department also worked with city officials to identify the cause of the problem.