Chattahoochee Hills, GA – A Georgia man has died after a propane explosion occurred at his home southwest of Atlanta.
News outlets reported the explosion occurred around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday in Chattahoochee Hills.
State Fire Marshal Jeff Hogan said the explosion was probably caused by vapors from a leaking propane tank. It’s expected to take some time to confirm that.
The body of 83-year-old Charles Miller was found in the debris of the home. Investigators said Miller was the only person in the home.
The explosion shattered the windows of neighbors’ homes and set some nearby trees on fire.