Norfolk, VA – The first floor of the Quality Inn Suites in the 1500 block of Premium Outlets Boulevard was evacuated after reports of carbon monoxide exposure.
The call for the incident came in around 7:25 p.m. The cause of the exposure was said to be a faulty pool heater which lead to an elevated reading.
The floor was evacuated to allow firefighters to ventilate the structure. There were a few rooms with higher than normal CO readings which have since been cleared.
One person was transported to hospital due to the exposure. Officials say the occupants are allowed back inside the building.